Australia: resources & travel
Travel Western Australia
- Visit the Aboriginal communities of the Dampier peninsula.
- Read The Carers of Everything, a fascinating Aboriginal story.
- Learn why thousands of Aboriginal rock engravings are under threat on the Burrup Peninsula.
Travel New South Wales
Learn about Aboriginal Sydney:
- Explore three Aboriginal sites near Bondi Beach.
- Trace Aboriginal culture at Circular Quay.
- Do the Spit Bridge to Manly walk and discover seven sites of Aboriginal significance.
Woggan-ma-gule—An Aboriginal ceremony for Australia Day
Each year Aboriginal people perform an opening ceremony near the Botanic Gardens in Sydney. The ceremony maintains age-old custodial traditions.
Antar Sea of Hands
The Antar Sea of Hands is an arrangement of plastic hands in the colours of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags promoting awareness.
Last updated: 1 May 2013 | Out of respect for Aboriginal culture I use Indigenous sources as much as possible.