Duration: 0.5 to 1 hour | Length: 1km return | Difficulty: easy
The Gully Walk is a fairly recent addition. It was opened in February 2013 and details the story of the Gully in Katoomba pre and post-European contact.
Entry is from Gates Avenue, Katoomba.
For some the Gully Walk is “the best interpretive walk” they have seen in Australia. Here are some of its highlights:
- It tells the tragic story of the Gully in a compelling and sensitive manner.
- It is only half a kilometre from Katoomba Station.
- It is one of the best places to just sit and soak in the scenery.
- It is wheelchair accessible.
- It is ideal for children and seniors.
Tip: The site of Nature Tourism Services has high resolution images of all the interpretive plaques.