This beautifully illustrated story, from the Yuin people of Wallaga Lake, in New South Wales, tells the tale of Bangu the Flying Fox, and the lesson she learns about sticking by her friends.
With the permission of the elders of Wallaga Lake, their people’s story is retold in this form so that children everywhere can share it and learn from it.
Free teachers’ notes available from: http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/asp/aspbooks/bangu.html
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth