Yiasou! That’s hello in Greek!
Or would you like to speak Chinese? What about Italian or Korean? Murinhpatha or Kaurna?
Meet 12 Australian friends who can speak different languages. They tell us how to count from 1 to 10, say hello and goodbye and lots of other words in their languages about play, food, hobbies and clothes.
Once we’ve said hello, we can watch Emiko playing the Japanese drum and Pilinh performing an Aboriginal dance. We can see how to make gnocchi with Sophia and flat bread with Amal.
This book is an introduction to 12 languages spoken most frequently in Australian homes, plus three Indigenous languages. Illustrated in a cartoon style, the pictures add humour and fun to language learning. Each language and culture is introduced by a child character - and you might spot a koala or two ...
Selamat tinggal! That’s goodbye in Indonesian!
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth