My Country is playfully illustrated by the author’s mother Sally Morgan and tells a delightful story of a little girl free to roam on land, sea and in the sky.
The girl is transported to all sorts of magical places and even dances in the clouds and down a rainbow. She encounters the morning star, the red desert and the whispering wind. As we travel with her the bush animals come out to greet her until she settles down to ‘sleep among the ghost gums’.
My Country celebrates a child’s world in simple, lyrical prose, and is beautifully illustrated and designed for younger children.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Further search options
Links are configured to offer you a 1-click search.
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- The Oldest Foods on Earth
- The Politics of Identity - Who Counts as Aboriginal Today?