A walking trip from the suburbs to the beach. The words and pictures are compiled into an engaging lyrical story children will love.
The late Sylvia Emmerton who was a primary teacher turned her memories of growing up in North Queensland into a lyrical story. Amusing and educational for early childhood and beyond. Jaquanna Elliott’s gouache illustrations lovingly capture the landscape and people.
This text has been selected for accelerated literacy programs throughout Indigenous Australia. “Has all the requirements for literacy in its down-to-earth subject, rhythmic story structure and familiar vocabulary. A teacher’s delight.” (Alan Randell, involved with Aboriginal education for 50 years).
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth