Scaly-tailed Possum and Echidna is an engaging story that tells how the possum got its scaly-tail and the echidna got its spikes. Passed down from generation to generation, this is a traditional Dreamtime story.
Scaly-tailed Possum and Echidna features two iconic Australian animals; the scaly-tailed possum, found only in a remote part of the Kimberley, and one of Australia’s most unusual mammals, the echidna.
Vividly illustrated with paintings on silk, this story includes detailed descriptions and photographs of the scaly-tailed possum and the echidna. It also tells of the Wandjina, the Creator and Great Spirit, an important part of Aboriginal dreamtime stories from the Kimberley.
About the author
Cathy Goonack is a descendant of the Wunambal people and is part of the Kandiwal tribe from Ngauwudu near the Mitchell Plateau of far north Western Australia. She has six children and lives in the Kandiwal Community in Adelaide where she works with kindergarten children participating in School of the Air.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Further search options
Links are configured to offer you a 1-click search.
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- The Oldest Foods on Earth
- The Politics of Identity - Who Counts as Aboriginal Today?