From pizza shop to bora ground, here is a joyous celebration of food, dance and cultural understanding.
When three young boys go to a pizza parlour and meet an Aboriginal chef who can speak Italian and make a deadly pizza, they’re in for a surprise!
All you fellas watching, come up, join in, warrima.
Clap your hands, little ones.
Stamp your feet, nannas.
Get down and dance, you smart young things, mummas and daddas.
Let’s get the whole town dancing!
Boori Monty Pryor is a storyteller, dancer, writer and educator. Jan Ormerod is an internationally acclaimed picture-book author and illustrator. This glorious book is the first one they have cooked up together. Shake a Leg evolved from pictures of his family dancing, which Boori showed Jan Ormerod, sparking a long and rewarding collaboration between him and Jan.
Recommended for ages 6-10+ years.
Trailer for Shake A Leg
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Further search options
Links are configured to offer you a 1-click search.
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth