The Lizard Gang is a tale about three lizards who argue about who is the best until they recognise that they are a team.
The Lizard Gang was written by Kirra, a descendant of the Martu people of the Western Desert in Western Australia, when she was nine years old.
The story is beautifully illustrated in a bold, modern dot art and European landscape style by Grace Fielding who is well-known for her artwork, which combines Aboriginal dot art with contemporary images. Children will be drawn to the attractive cover and Aboriginal students in particular will be delighted to see a familiar landscape and may be inspired to write and illustrate similar stories.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth