Tjarany Roughtail contains eight Dreaming stories, all significant to the history of the Kukatja people of Western Australia’s remote Kimberley Region.
Each story is complemented by beautiful artworks painted by Aboriginal artist Lucille Gill that visually explain each story using dot paintings.
Told in English and Kukatja, the book includes magnificent paintings, maps, kinship diagrams, exercises and language notes.
About the Author
Author Gracie Greene and illustrator Lucille Gill grew up in Balgo, a remote Aboriginal community in the Kimberely region of Western Australia. Gracie told these stories to school teacher Joe Tramacchi, who helped translate them to English. Gracie and Lucille are traditional artists whose paintings and sculptures have appeared in exhibitions throughout Australia and internationally.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth