Why I Love Australia is a unique, awe-inspiring visual journey by Bronwyn Bancroft, one of Australia’s leading Aboriginal illustrators.
“I have lived in or travelled to many of the places in the book and identify with them all on a personal level,” reveals Bronwyn .
“For example, the plummeting gorges were inspired by my time working as a teacher in Broome, and the bush cricket scene is derived from stories about my uncles as they were growing up.”
Every page shows a person holding a coolamon (wooden bowl). “The person you see on each page is the host to each of the landscapes, who whishes you well as you visit,” Bronwyn explains.
The book comes with two vibrantly-illustrated postcards. From the cities to the plains, the coast to the outback, deserts to rainforests and beyond, this glorious book depicts the Australian experience in Bancroft’s bright-coloured trademark illustrations.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth