Derek Gunderson is in the final year of a degree at a conservatorium of music. He is a fine pianist, seemingly on course for a successful musical career.
But when an important performance unfolds disastrously, Derek’s secure life begins to unravel. Crushed by the awareness of all the things he no longer knows, Derek is forced to rebuild his character, to reconcile his relationships and overcome his growing disillusionment with music.
Full of honesty and humour, The Con is a beautifully written, scalpel-sharp examination of the promises and betrayals of creativity, and of the people and choices that make us who we are.
Highly Commended in the ABC Fiction Award.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Further search options
Links are configured to offer you a 1-click search.
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- The Oldest Foods on Earth
- The Politics of Identity - Who Counts as Aboriginal Today?