The Nargun And The Stars tells the story of a modern day, but recently orphaned, boy coming to live in a remote Australian valley where he searches for a place free from the depredation of mankind and its machinery. On his quest he discovers a variety of ancient Dreamtime creatures including the ominous stone Nargun.
The boy’s adventure involves conflict with the Nargun, a stone creature that is indestructible. It kills humans, sometimes for food, but mostly out of rage at the unnatural noise of their destructive machinery.
The Nargun is a creature drawn from tribal legends of the Gunai or Kurnai Aboriginal people of the area now known as the Mitchell River National Park in Victoria.
While the Nargun is a threat to the boy’s new-found home of Wongadilla, the humans threaten the peace the Nargun seeks. Can the humans win the conflict with the Nargun with the help of another mythical creature?
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Further search options
Links are configured to offer you a 1-click search.
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- The Oldest Foods on Earth
- The Politics of Identity - Who Counts as Aboriginal Today?