Noongar Bush Medicine – Medicinal Plants of the South-West of Western Australia provides for the first time a comprehensive information on the the medicinal plants that were used by Aboriginal people of the south-west of Western Australia before European settlement.
The book is a guide to how to use plants for alternative treatments and protection from common ailments.
Noongar Bush Medicine is a practical reference guide. There is currently no comparable book on plant medicines available.
Written by Noongar elder Vivienne Hansen with retired nurse educator John Horsfall, the book has been compiled from knowledge passed on by Noongar elders. It covers over 90 different species of plant, and includes multiples images of each plant.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth