Josephine Flood presents an illustrated history of the development of Australia’s Aboriginal rock paintings and engravings. From the earliest examples the world’s oldest rock art, desert varnish, and engravings to the most recent findings and examples, researcher Flood presents an authoritative survey of an artform that has survived millennia and illuminated societies the world over.
The chronological approach and many previously unpublished pictures give the book the excitement of an unfolding story.
Rock Art of the Dreamtime, with its numerous photographs, maps and illustrations, is appealing not only to Aboriginal custodians and rock art enthusiasts but also to academic archaeologists.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth