A humorous look at white Australian icons from an Aboriginal perspective, including Luna Park fun fair, the barbecue, Skippy, and Anzac Day.
Cleverly illustrated by Danny Eastwood (cartoonist of the Aboriginal newspaper Koori Mail).
The most striking thing about Vegemite is the logo, in particular its colours. Red, black and yellow…there's also a bit of white on the label, but that's just tokenism, of course.—Sacred Cows, p.104
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth