A greedy, vain and unscrupulous man bent on self-aggrandisment—this controversial study of George ( Black’) Robinson, first Chief Protector of Aborigines in Australia, reveals a man long held to be the worthy civilizer and Christianizer of Tasmanian Aborigines to have been a monster of deceit and a betrayer of those it was his role to protect a man who made perhaps the most repellent contribution of all to what was to become the decimation of Tasmania’s Aborigines.
About the Author
Vivienne Rae-Ellis had a wide variety of working experience as a professional actress, newspaper columnist, radio script-writer and public relations officer before she began writing books. Among her many published titles are biographies of Trucanini and Louisa Anne Meredith.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth