Rainbow Spirit Theology is a highly unusual book of theology by Aboriginal theologians in Australia. It is a collective work of the reflections of a group of Aboriginal leaders in Queensland, including Catholic, Lutheran, Anglican and Uniting Church theologians.
When Christianity was forced onto Aboriginal culture, the missionaries made Aboriginal people feel as if their traditional beliefs were evil. For decades this impression has prevailed, and the essence of Christianity and love and faith were misconstrued and lost.
By exploring Rainbow Spirit Theology we can get a glimpse of what a different and more authentic spirituality might look like, what a different way of being human might be.
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Explore more Aboriginal books
Most viewed books
Heard of these?
- Yatdjuligin - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nursing and Midwifery Care
- Buried Country - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- Different White People: Radical Activism for Aboriginal Rights 1946-1972
- Salt Creek
- Country Women and the Colour Bar
- Yorro Yorro
- Deadly D & Justice Jones: The Search
- Settlers, Servants and Slaves
- Nelson Aboriginal Studies Stage 6
- The Oldest Foods on Earth