Ask us anything – Aboriginal people respond
University of Sydney staff and students respond to questions anonymously submitted by non-Aboriginal people.
Wishing you knew more about Aboriginal culture? Search no more.
Get key foundational knowledge about Aboriginal culture in a fun and engaging way.
This is no ordinary resource: It includes a fictional story, quizzes, crosswords and even a treasure hunt.
Stop feeling bad about not knowing. Make it fun to know better.
Hear their responses to these questions:
- Why is dancing so important, and what if you can't dance well?
- Is it ok to ask someone 'how Aboriginal' they are?
- How good are you at throwing a boomerang?
- What is one stereotype that needs to stop?
- What do you do on 26 January?
- Is it 'the Dreamtime' or 'the Dreaming'? Do all Aboriginal people believe in it? And what's the deal with the snake?
- What's one thing about Indigenous culture or people that others can't seem to understand?
- How do Indigenous relatives work? Why is everyone a cousin, aunty or uncle?
- When was the last time you encountered casual racism? How did you deal with it?
- Who is your hero?
- What can we do to try and make up for the past?
- What obstacles stand between Indigenous kids and higher education?
- What's the best part of being Indigenous?