- Horsham, VIC
- About Alice
Alice Skye is an Aboriginal singer/songwriter of Wergaia and Wemba Wemba heritage, originally from Horsham, Victoria, and now based in Melbourne.
In her hometown she started piano lessons at the age of five, and her love for music grew from there. With influences such as Missy Higgins, The Cranberries, Regina Spektor and Joan Armatrading, the pairing of vocals and piano has become her inspiration and focus. She sounds a lot like Dido.
With each new song, Alice Skye is growing into a special breed of songwriter.— ABC / Triple-J
Album formats explained Explain formats
- 10": 10 inch vinyl records were played at 45 or 33 1/3 rounds per minute (rpm). The former could hold 9, the latter 12 minutes of music per side.
- 7": 7 inch records (often referred to as 45s) were played at 45 rpm or 33 1/3 rpm, with about 4:30 or 6 minutes of music per side.
- LP: Long play, is a vinyl record played at 33 1⁄3 rpm with a 12 or 10-inch diameter.
- EP: Extended play, are vinyl records that allowed two or even three songs on each side.
You Are The Mountains (Single)
- 30 October 2015
- You Are The Mountains
This is Alice Skye's debut single.
- 25 August 2017
Poetry By Text (Single)
- 27 October 2017
- Poetry by Text
Friends With Feelings
- 6 April 2018
- For Every Year
- Poetry by Text
- Friends With Feelings
- For Those Who Need It
- She Oak
- Only Bones Get Left Behind
- The Only Version of You
I Feel Better But I Don’t Feel Good (Single)
- 31 October 2019
- I Feel Better But I Don’t Feel Good
"The title came from a message someone sent to me asking how I was. I replied saying, ‘I feel better but I don’t feel good.’ I thought it was a funny thing to say, so I wrote it down," says Alice about how she conceived the song.
Grand Ideas (Single)
- 20 May 2020
- Grand Ideas
Find Alice Skye albums & CDs
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through any album links.
Use the Aboriginal music timeline to view albums over time.