- Arnhem Land, Northern Territory
- Explore more genres
- About Baker
Baker Boy (real name Danzal Baker) is an award-winning hip-hop artist from Arnhem Land whose lyrics move between English and Yolgnu. He is the first Aboriginal artist to have mainstream success rapping in the Yolngu Matha language. In 20219 Baker Boy became Young Australian of the Year.
Baker Boy's totem is the Olive Python, his moiety is Dhuwa and his skin is Burralung/Gela.
Born in Darwin and raised in the remote NT communities of Yurrwi (formerly known as Milingimbi and Maningrida), he is related to Gawurra and Yirrmal.
Album formats explained Explain formats
- 10": 10 inch vinyl records were played at 45 or 33 1/3 rounds per minute (rpm). The former could hold 9, the latter 12 minutes of music per side.
- 7": 7 inch records (often referred to as 45s) were played at 45 rpm or 33 1/3 rpm, with about 4:30 or 6 minutes of music per side.
- LP: Long play, is a vinyl record played at 33 1⁄3 rpm with a 12 or 10-inch diameter.
- EP: Extended play, are vinyl records that allowed two or even three songs on each side.
Cloud 9 (feat. Kian) - Single
- 27 April 2017
- Cloud 9 (feat. Kian)
Marryuna (feat. Yirrmal) - Single
- 6 October 2017
- Marryuna (feat. Yirrmal)
Mr La Di Da Di - Single
- 11 April 2018
- Mr La Di Da Di - Single
Limited time offer:
Black Magic (feat. Dallas Woods) - Single
- 13 July 2018
- Black Magic (feat. Dallas Woods)
Cool As Hell - Single
- 25 January 2019
- Cool As Hell
In Control - Single
- 21 June 2019
- In Control
Find Baker Boy albums & CDs
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through any album links.
Use the Aboriginal music timeline to view albums over time.