- West Arnhem Land, Northern Territory
The Black Rock Band draws on deep musical family history and incorporate traditional and contemporary sounds with a steady rock style, singing in both Kunwinjku and English.
Their songs are a celebration of culture, connection to country, the fight for social justice and the future they want to create for the next generation of children.
In 2017 the Black Rock Band won Best Community Band at the Barunga Festival (NT).
Album formats explained Explain formats
- 10": 10 inch vinyl records were played at 45 or 33 1/3 rounds per minute (rpm). The former could hold 9, the latter 12 minutes of music per side.
- 7": 7 inch records (often referred to as 45s) were played at 45 rpm or 33 1/3 rpm, with about 4:30 or 6 minutes of music per side.
- LP: Long play, is a vinyl record played at 33 1⁄3 rpm with a 12 or 10-inch diameter.
- EP: Extended play, are vinyl records that allowed two or even three songs on each side.
Bininj Kunborrk (Single)
- 19 January 2018
- Bininj Kunborrk
The title translates to 'traditional song and dance'.
- 13 April 2018