- Indulkana, APY Lands, South Australia
- Blues | Country | Reggae | Rock
- About Iwantja
Iwantja's band members are: Jeremy Whiskey (Guitars, keys and vocals), Jacob Baker (drums), Steven Brumby (bass guitar), Grant Cooley (lead and rhythm guitar), Stewart Gaykamangu (vocals and keyboard) and Angus Pearson.
Stewart is a first cousin of Gurrumul, has a similar sounding voice and wrote many songs with him.
They sing in Pitjantjatjara, Yankunytjatjara and English.
Album formats explained Explain formats
- 10": 10 inch vinyl records were played at 45 or 33 1/3 rounds per minute (rpm). The former could hold 9, the latter 12 minutes of music per side.
- 7": 7 inch records (often referred to as 45s) were played at 45 rpm or 33 1/3 rpm, with about 4:30 or 6 minutes of music per side.
- LP: Long play, is a vinyl record played at 33 1⁄3 rpm with a 12 or 10-inch diameter.
- EP: Extended play, are vinyl records that allowed two or even three songs on each side.
- 9 September 2011
- Iwantja Groove
- Kungka Nyuntu (You are my girl)
- Wangka Wiya
- Tjitji Kulunypa (The little girl is crying)
- Wamanguru (Grog)
- Kungka Paluru (That girl)
- Move Ya Body
- Tjamunya Tjana
- Gonna Party
Find Iwantja albums & CDs
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through any album links.
Use the Aboriginal music timeline to view albums over time.