A humorous look at white Australian icons from an Aboriginal perspective, including Luna Park fun fair, the barbecue, Skippy, and Anzac Day.
Cleverly illustrated by Danny Eastwood (cartoonist of the Aboriginal newspaper Koori Mail).
The most striking thing about Vegemite is the logo, in particular its colours. Red, black and yellow...there's also a bit of white on the label, but that's just tokenism, of course.— Sacred Cows, p.104
Get a copy now from your favourite trusted store
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through the below links.
Other books by (or with) Anita Heiss
- Am I Black Enough For You?
- Avoiding Mr Right
- Barbed Wire and Cherry Blossoms
- Bila Yarrudhang-galang-dhuray (River of Dreams)
- Growing Up Aboriginal in Australia
- I'm Not Racist But...
- Macquarie PEN Anthology of Aboriginal Literature
- Manhattan Dreaming
- Not Meeting Mr Right
- Paris Dreaming
- The Intervention: An anthology